RSR Public Safety are currently recruiting on behalf of West Midlands Police for a Payroll Manager.
RSR is a public safety, housing & enterprise security recruitment specialist. We assist public safety & housing employers find the right talent. We assist all employers when they want to source public safety, housing and enterprise security skills and experience.
RSR Public Safety are currently recruiting on behalf of West Midlands Police for a Payroll Manager. As a Payroll Manager, you will oversee and manage all aspects of payroll processing and related activities within the force.
This is a full time, permanent role, based in Birmingham and offers a salary of £40,950 – £46,674
- Manage end-to-end large payroll processing for all employees, including data entry, calculations, and disbursements.
- System administration, upgrades and development of all types of systems used within the department.
- Ensure compliance with UK payroll regulations and tax laws.
- Develop and maintain payroll policies and procedures to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and compliance.
- Lead and supervise a team of payroll specialists, providing guidance, training, and performance feedback in line with the force policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with Internal and external stakeholders to resolve payroll-related issues and discrepancies.
- Stay updated on changes in payroll laws, regulations, and best practices, and implement necessary adjustments.
- Oversee the administration of employee benefits, deductions, and garnishments.
- Prepare and analyse payroll reports for management review and decision-making.
- Handle inquiries from employees regarding payroll matters, resolving issues promptly and professionally.
- Manage relationships with payroll service providers and software vendors.
- All year end, internal and external audit duties to complete within the strict deadlines set.
- Experience of working in a payroll management role minimum of 3 years in a medium to large sized UK payroll. Previous knowledge of Tax, National Insurance, SSP, SMP, SPP and SAP is mandatory.
- knowledge of exceptional service delivery
- Itrent or similar Payroll system literate
- Experience of developing and maintaining standard operating procedures, processes and audit controls
- Experience of developing strong working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- MS office and Intermediate excel user.
- Excellent communications skills both in verbal and written.
- You must also demonstrate high levels of integrity and confidentiality, as the Payroll Department have access to sensitive and personal information. Highly motivated and resourceful with excellent problem-solving skills
This role will be subject to vetting and the successful individual will be required to obtain and maintain these clearances.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them to ourselves. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay up in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Public Safety is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) – a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.