'An assault on a police officer should never be seen as part of the job'Police Oracle's BluePrint campaign highlights trauma officers face on daily basis. Too often the sentences handed down to violent offenders who assaulted a police officer do not reflect the severity of the crime. A review of sentences for those convicted of assaulting an officer is badl
Advertorial: 'B' the best you can be Feature
A shock to the system Feature
Breaking point? Terrorism and the emergency services Comment
Where now for so many unfinished policing issues?
- Experienced firearms officers and detectives should get pension incentives not to retire, chiefs believe - Idea is being explored at highest level, and one chief explained why he advocates its introduction. Police chiefs are exploring whether to ask the government to change pension rules in order to retain officers with specialist skills beyond 30 years of service. There is currently a s
- Casualty info centres to be merged - Chiefs in England want to move to regional model for casualty bureau arrangements. The centres used by police forces to support the response to civil emergencies like terror attacks are to be merged. Chief constables have decided to merge their regional casualty bureaux in order to s
- Sergeant fined for headbutting woman while wearing crash helmet in road rage spat - The 45 year-old was off duty when he confronted two women over the alleged use of a mobile phone whilst driving. A police sergeant has been fined £828 for headbutting a woman while wearing a motorcycle helmet in a "road-rage" attack. David Sanderson was off-duty when he
- Detective Sergeant facing dismissal over toy monkey remarks to black colleague - DS Andrew Mottau is said to have used a key-ring sized black toy monkey to signal whose turn it was to make the tea. A detective sergeant faces losing his job after allegedly placing a toy monkey on a black colleague’s desk and telling her to make the tea when it “sings”
- Tories 'not prepared to divulge' details of activist's death, says father - British Transport Police has requested Conservative report but the party says it has released as much information it can without jeopardising the anonymity of witnesses. The Conservatives are hampering police by withholding the contents of an internal bullying inquiry, the father of a young pa
- Read more news »
Truncheon JudyOur reader Theresa, 'embedding' and Home Office headaches Read more ...
- HEAD OF IDENTIFICATION
- Detective Constables
- Investigator - Seeking a new opportunity within the policing arena?
- Investigator PIP 2 - Seeking a new opportunity within the policing arena?