PC facing dismissal over alleged intimate touching during strip searchThe Met officer was conducting the search in front of three probationers whilst instructing them. A Met PC is facing dismissal after allegedly touching the private parts of a female detainee whilst showing probationers how to conduct a strip search. PC Lesley Wade, 44, was perf
A shock to the system Feature
Breaking point? Terrorism and the emergency services Feature
Has officer discretion been lost? Comment
Where now for so many unfinished policing issues?
Force could face legal action over abuse of recruits by doctor Met can still be 'very effective' if officer numbers are cut, claims new chief 52 Comments
Sir Tom Winsor criticised after response officers 'take nothing home' comment 48 Comments
PC to face gross misconduct charge following pursuit death 31 Comments
- Met property officer jailed for theft and indecent images of children - The 48 year-old staff member based in south London was also convicted of theft. A Metropolitan Police property officer has been jailed for possessing indecent images of children and theft. Adrian Milton, 48, formerly based at Croydon Borough admitted four counts of possessing indecent
- Officers disciplined over arson attack failings - Failure to speak to key witnesses only flagged up as case was about to go to court after complaints from victims family. Two Police Service of Northern Ireland officers have been disciplined after failing to properly investigate an arson attack. An investigation by the Police Ombudsman fo
- Thug jailed after punching female officer unconscious - Officer had tried to help the drunk whom she had advised to catch the bus home. A violent drunk who punched a female PC unconscious after she advised him to go home has been jailed. Adrian Taylor, 52, was acting strangely near a parked car on July 5 last year when a member of the public
- Extremist prisoners to be moved to 'jails within jails' to tackle radicalisation - The first centre will be up and running at HMP Frankland in Durham within weeks. Up to 28 extremist prisoners will be placed in separate units in a drive to tackle radicalisation behind bars. Inmates suspected of planning terrorism or posing a risk to national security face being move
- Roads policing digest now available - April edition features an exclusive on moped crime, the latest in professional standards and more. The April roads policing digest is out now. Police Oracle’s roads policing digest is a bi-monthly summary of all the important news, features, good practice and information of relevan
- Read more news »
Truncheon JudyOur reader Theresa, 'embedding' and Home Office headaches Read more ...
- We need your knowledge of Personal Safety Now
- Investigator PIP 2 - Seeking a new opportunity within the policing arena?
- Detective Constables
- Investigator - Seeking a new opportunity within the policing arena?