Government moves to abolish BTP in ScotlandBill outlines Police Scotland takeover. The Scottish Government has published a bill to abolish British Transport Police north of the border. The Railway Policing (Scotland) Bill begins the process for transferring the railway police force’s powers to Police Scotland. At t
Spotting terror threats in crowded places without slowing people down Feature
Sectarian challenges: Clear action is needed Feature
Learning the Lessons: Self harm and search warrants Comment
Are the police losing control of the streets?
Forces trying to recruit outside leaders without identifying own talent Good officers 'must stop being hung out to dry' says chief 30 Comments
New DAC announced for rapidly changing Met Police 25 Comments
Abuse of authority for sexual gain 'most serious corruption issue in service' 15 Comments
- Met launches investigation into sex abuse claims involving London clubs - Force refused to say which clubs it was looking into. Britain's largest police force has launched an investigation into sex abuse claims involving clubs in London. The Metropolitan Police said a team of specialist officers from its sexual offences, exploitation
- New CEOP head announced - PSNI officer to take over at NCA-run body. The new director of the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Command has been named. Police Service of Northern Ireland ACC Will Kerr has been appointed to head the command, which is part of the National Crime Agency. He takes over
- Officers treating public and staff fairly, HMIC finds - Legitimacy inspections identified two forces as outstanding and five which require improvement. The police service is good at treating the people it serves with fairness and respect, HMIC has found. In its latest PEEL Legitimacy reports, the inspectorate found two forces – Kent and
- December counter-terrorism digest out now - New technology, societal division and investigatory powers all feature. A look at some new counter-terrorism technology is the top feature in this month’s counter-terrorism digest. PoliceOracle.com reports from the UK Security Expo on a number of new measures designed to protect pub
- Assistant Chief Constable will learn her fate next week - GMP DCC Ian Pilling will make final decision on ACC Rebekah Sutcliffe case next week and is not bound by recommendation of panel. A police chief who bared her breast in a drunken tirade against a junior colleague will discover if she is to keep her £109,000 a year job next wee
- Read more news »
Truncheon JudyOur reader Theresa, 'embedding' and Home Office headaches Read more ...
- Transferee officers
- Statement Taker / Enquiry Officer - Staines
- GSOC Alert Analyst - Northampton - Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits!
- Staffing Operations Manager
- (Detective) Chief Inspector, Regional PREVENT Lead
- Police Staff Investigators - West Midlands
- See more jobs »