Essex PCC draws up fire service takeover plansConservative says officers and firefighers will retain distinct identities. A police and crime commissioner who has been in the job for just six months is putting forward plans for a takeover of the fire service. Essex PCC Roger Hirst has announced a “business case” will
Learning the Lessons: Self harm and search warrants Feature
Close call: Problems with automated contact with emergency services Feature
Learning the Lessons: Sirens, dogs and pursuits Comment
Are the police losing control of the streets?
- Retired officer jailed after admitting series of child sexual offences - Met PC carried out crimes over a 30-year period. A former Met officer who carried out a series of sexual assaults on young girls over a period of more than 30 years has been sentenced to eight years in prison. James Belam, of Chingford, admitted the eight offences at Snaresbrook Crown
- 'Textalyser' aims to catch motorists who have been texting and driving - Device to be used at the roadside will prove that a phone has been used illegally while driving. Digital forensics extraction company Cellebrite, is developing a device, dubbed the “textalyser”, which will enable police officers to detect mobile phone usage by the driver at the roadsi
- Team commended after bringing sex offender to justice - Operation ultimately led to man receiving life imprisonment. A team of officers and police staff have been recognised for their dedication to investigating multiple reports of historic sex abuse. In 2014, a number of vulnerable victims made reports of historical sexual abuse to Clevela
- Three-year-old calls police after her mother collapses - Deputy Chief Constable says he is 'very proud' of Sofia and emergency operator Julie Buckley. A "scared" three-year-old girl called 999 and helped to save the life of her mother who collapsed while she was painting. Little Sofia Harman raised the alarm after her mother, Pat
- Man who attacked officer with axe sentenced to 15 years - Nathan Sumner left PC Lisa Bates with a fractured skull and almost severed her index finger. A man who attacked a female police officer with an axe has been jailed for 15 years. South Yorkshire PC Lisa Bates was left with a fractured skull, multiple ankle fractures and had her index fin
- Read more news »
Truncheon JudyOur reader Theresa, 'embedding' and Home Office headaches Read more ...
- Police Staff Investigators - West Midlands
- (Detective) Chief Inspector, Regional PREVENT Lead
- Transferee officers
- Crime Trainer