Acting Met Commissioner says IPCC deserves 'credit' for 'adult' conversations around PIPCraig Mackey was asked about the attitudes towards becoming an AFO in light of the Westminster attack. The Acting Met Commissioner has insisted the IPCC deserves “credit” for its work on Post Incident Procedures. Addressing the police and crime committee of the London Assem
Detective casebook: A 15-year-old's murderer had confessed but an extra charge was needed Feature
'A special place for special people' Feature
A Journey to Paradise? The important question about a British suicide bomber Comment
'Truly horrible experience' of injured ex-officer who stopped pension claw-back Cheshire PCC hands £50k deputy job to friend of 20 years despite 'inadequate' knowledge 43 Comments
Force's 'lack of management' questioned following biscuit misconduct hearing 32 Comments
PC Keith Palmer: We will never forget his courage 30 Comments
- Officer numbers may be simplistic issue but it's a crucial one, says Fed chairman - Scottish Police Federation Conference told of pressure on workforce. The Chairman of the Scottish Police Federation has warned the force against cutting police officer numbers. For the first time since the creation of Police Scotland its leadership, with permission of the Scottish Gover
- What's good for recruits is good for chiefs: Direct entry proposals sparks debate - Ex-DAC says "laughable competition" for appointments means the time has come for direct entry at the top. If direct entry is suitable for detectives and inspectors there can be no argument against it being used to find chief officers. That is the view of former Met deputy assistant co
- Former chief in High Court to challenge removal from force - David Crompton was asked to resign or retire by PCC Alan Billings. A former chief constable has begun his High Court challenge over his removal from the force. Ex-South Yorkshire Chief Constable David Crompton tendered his resignation in September after PCC Alan Billings called for hi
- Officer cleared of using excessive force during teenager's arrest - Watchdog said police acted appropriately during the incident. An officer has been cleared of any wrongdoing during the arrest of a teenage boy in 2015. A 14-year-old boy was arrested by the Hertfordshire Constabulary officer on May 6 2015, during which time he sustained a cut to the h
- DCC Gareth Morgan appointed chief constable of Staffordshire - He will replace Jane Sawyers who retires this summer. Staffordshire Police has announced its new chief constable. Gareth Morgan, currently Deputy Chief Constable at Avon and Somerset, will take on the role when current chief Jane Sawyers retires in the summer. Police and Crime Com
- Read more news »
Truncheon JudyOur reader Theresa, 'embedding' and Home Office headaches Read more ...
- Investigator - Seeking a new opportunity within the policing arena?
- Interested in Professional Standards? Investigators required in Preston
- Lead Senior Investigator, Hillsborough Investigation
- Detective Constables
- Transferee officers
- Are you keen on managing and conducting telecommunications audits? This role is for you.
- See more jobs »