The Week In ReviewSat 21st February to Fri 27th February
27/02/15 - National scale of those quitting revealed as Fed rep suggests that the job is being turned into something you no longer do for life. More than 1,900 officers resigned from the police service last year, PoliceOracle.com can reveal. With 501, the Metropolitan Police saw the highest number of officers quitting, while Durham Constabula
26/02/15 - Deputy chief will take charge at Suffolk while top officer is off. Suffolk’s Chief Constable has taken extended sick leave and will be off work “for the foreseeable future”. Chief Constable Douglas Paxton (above) left his post on December 16 2014 and it is not yet known when he will return to the force. In hi
26/02/15 - Force said concerns over the legislation means it will not use the new law when it comes into effect next week. One of the biggest constabularies in the country will not be enforcing new legislation on drug driving when it is introduced next week. Greater Manchester Police (GMP) has said it will not be attempting to charge suspects und
- 27/02/15 - Senior leaders 'must speak up about taser'
- 25/02/15 - Assault victim officers 'treated like second class citizens'
- 27/02/15 - 'Compelling case' to change police widows' pensions rules
- 24/02/15 - Two thirds of public wouldn't want to be an officer
- 23/02/15 - Fed to meet pensions petitioners
- 26/02/15 - Assistant chief to retire after 33 years
- 26/02/15 - PC dragged along street as he held on to car
- 26/02/15 - PC killed by IRA remembered 40 years on
- 27/02/15 - Calls for gang injunction 'league tables'
- 25/02/15 - Chief inspector who missed the job becomes special
- 24/02/15 - Winsor: Inspections mean better policing for less money
- 25/02/15 - Scrapping helicopter bases 'puts public at risk'
- 24/02/15 - Football boss refused to pay policing costs
- 25/02/15 - 'Terror threat never leaves our officers'
- 27/02/15 - New inquiry into collapsed police corruption trial
- 25/02/15 - No prosecution of PCC over 'no car insurance'
The point of sale of many retailers remains a tempting and vulnerable target for cyber thieves. Brandon Tansey describes the most-prolific malware targeting this area. Cybercriminals continue to lead the malware race. As security technologies advance, in an effort to detect or protect agai
- Learning series: How to investigate an aggravated burglary - Part 5
- Learning series: How to investigate an aggravated burglary - Part 4
Spin means 'customers' are not being told the truth about falling quality of police 'brand'. When we spend money we have a choice. Do we buy a costlier brand or go for a cheaper one? As a consumer you know that if you pay good money for something it is generally going to taste n