The Week In ReviewSat 1st March to Fri 7th March
07/03/14 - Deputy chief constable warns professional trust between the firearms officers and watchdog is deteriorating. A senior officer has voiced concerns over the “direction of travel” in the deteriorating relationship between firearms officers and the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC). In an exclusive
05/03/14 - Federation officials believe contentious reform will threaten credibility and experience as force becomes the first to use new recruitment mechanism. The safety of police officers and the public alike will be compromised if senior leaders from other professions are brought into make operational and tactical decisions, it has been claimed
07/03/14 - Scotland absorbing transport police would leave 'no winners, many losers', conference hears. Police officers have attacked proposals by the Scottish Government to abolish British Transport Police north of the border and absorb its officers into the country's new national force. At the BTP Federation conference in York, delegates he
- 06/03/14 - Home Secretary announces police corruption offence
- 07/03/14 - Undercover officers 'had informal authority' for sexual relationships
- 06/03/14 - IPCC: Officers 'should abide to civilian standards'
- 07/03/14 - AFOs' tribunal ruling: Force considers position
- 06/03/14 - Corruption probe exposed senior leaders wrongdoing
- 06/03/14 - Direct entry candidates will be 'easy to remove'
- 04/03/14 - Cuts: PCSOs 'discouraged from joining regulars'
- 05/03/14 - Sacked chief 'will not be prosecuted'
- 06/03/14 - Officer dismissed for selling personal information
- 07/03/14 - Specialist unit will boost DV investigation success
- 05/03/14 - Contractor 'watched female officers with covert camera'
- 04/03/14 - Theft officers fail integrity test
- 07/03/14 - NCA officers face data protection charges
- 06/03/14 - Fed: Reorganisation has made force stronger
- 03/03/14 - Blue light collaboration 'next big area of reform'
- 05/03/14 - Officers 'should be separated following deaths'
The Fed should implement the findings of the Normington report if it wants to retain the initiative, says Dr Tim Brain. These are difficult times for the Police Federation. On Thursday February 13 the Commons debated the Sir David Normington’s Report into the Police Federation and, to
Senior officers must remember that morale issues are vital to ensure the wellbeing of their force, says ACC Gareth Morgan. There is an ongoing and vital debate about the state of morale in policing. Finding a route through the maze on this highly personal issue is not a task to be ta