Directional acoustic device encourages those it is used against to run away without harming them. A new acoustic warning device designed to fill a gap in the police’s less-lethal weapon armoury is to be evaluated by the Home Office’s Centre for Applied Science and Technology (CAST)
As organised crime turns to the electronic frontier for low-risk and easy plunder, law enforcement agencies worldwide are rushing to catch up. Gary Mason reports on British policing's cyber capabilities. The emergence of international cyber crime as a serious threat has exposed traditional
In This Issue April/May 2014
- Watch closely - The tension between the need for surveillance and the public's desire for privacy ie eroding trust in law enforcement agencies.
- Special focus: Counter terrorism - Cyber shutdown: As organised crime turns to the electronic frontier for low-risk and easy plunder, law enforcement agencies worldwide are rushing to catch up - we report on British policing's cyber capabilities.
- Street smarts - As the global economy picks up, forces around the world are looking to invest once more in mobile data solutions for beat officers - we look at the state of play in the UK, US and Australia.
- Blue sky thinking - Why go to the cost of building and maintaining a fleet of unmanned aerial vehicles when you can lease them instead?
- Road to recovery - The sophistication of high-value vehicles has led criminals to become more inventive when stealing them for shipping overseas - we report on efforts to stem the tide.
With delivery worldwide and this introductory offer there's never been a better time to subscribe!
Subscribe Now »
What is Police Product Insight?Press/Editorial
Police Product Insight is an independent bi-monthly international magazine covering technology, equipment and services for police and national security organisations.
Police Product Insight is an essential read for anyone with an interest in new developments from around the world.
Subject areas include information and communications technology, surveillance and detection, forensics, weapons, protection, vehicles, CBRN, EOD and support services.
Each issue contains news, analysis and expert opinion, providing a platform for police and national security organisations and the industry to share knowledge on new solutions from around the world.
The editor welcomes expert submissions from police and national security agencies, government and industry.
Why Advertise With Us?Advertising Information
Police Product Insight provides a unique opportunity for industry to promote new solutions to global decision makers.
In the current economic environment, police and security agencies are seeking innovative and effective solutions from industry that aid improved performance on tighter budgets.
For many industry suppliers, shrinking domestic markets mean that international exposure for their products is critical.
Police Product Insight provides valuable channel to promote products and services in both developed and fast developing international markets.
The magazine is published in both print and digital editions providing maximum exposure for advertisements alongside relevant editorial to a high value readership.