Kenneth Noye wins court challenge over open prison refusalMurderer was earlier found not guilty over the death of DC John Fordham in 1985. Road-rage killer Kenneth Noye has won a High Court challenge against a decision refusing him a move to open prison conditions. Noye, now 69, was convicted of murder in April 2000 and sentenced to l
Mind the gap: Obstacles in developing the new emergency services network Feature
The three elements leaving us vulnerable to terrorism Feature
Advertorial: The Great Police Promotion Challenge Comment
If Diane wants evidence for spit guards I am happy to oblige...
PC dismissed for sharing porn on duty is ordered out of force for the second time Cressida Dick named as new Met Commissioner 62 Comments
Head of Humberside Police agrees 'to make way for new chief' 34 Comments
Officers 'must be separated' after death or serious injury incident, new IPCC guidance stipulates 30 Comments
- PC dismissed after IPCC challenge to force misconduct sanction - Jonathan Mortimer failed to check a pensioner's driving licence had been revoked. A constable has been dismissed following an IPCC challenge to his force’s handling of the misconduct. Nottinghamshire Police’s Jonathan Mortimer was found to have failed to properly ch
- New welfare support service has saved four officer's lives - The scheme run by the PFOA is open to officers involved in a death or serious injury incident, or need other types of support. A support line for vulnerable officers has saved four lives in less than two years. According to the Police Firearms Officers Association their new Welfare Support
- DNA database most effective since records began - Official figures released today demonstrate the 'continuing effectiveness' of the database according to the policing minister. The National DNA Database has had its most effective year since it came it was created in 2003. Figures released by the Home Office yesterday show the match rat
- Force doctor carried out 'grossly unacceptable' medical examinations - Avon and Somerset Constabulary commissioned an independent investigation into the actions of Dr Reginald Bunting. A police doctor conducted "woefully or grossly" unacceptable medical examinations on potential new recruits, an independent investigation has found. Reg Bunting
- Teenage special dismissed after taking police car for a spin without permission - The 19-year-old has also been disqualified from driving for six months, given six points on his licence and handed a fine. A Merseyside special constable has been dismissed after he took a police car for a drive without permission or a licence. Myles Doyle, 19, drove around Liver
- Read more news »
Truncheon JudyOur reader Theresa, 'embedding' and Home Office headaches Read more ...
- Experienced SOIT Investigator? We have opportunities for you in the South East!
- Force Armourer
- Disclosure Officers - Hillsborough
- Detective Constables