Panel rejects official complaint about PCC's redundancy payoutWinston Roddick accuses political foes of trying to persuade him to break the law after they said he should be his own chief exec. An official complaint about a police and crime commissioner’s decision to hand his chief executive a generous exit payment only to recruit another person to f
Public order special gains respect, and command responsibility Feature
Law Q&A: Controlling or coercive behaviour Feature
In Pictures: Scottish Policing Excellence Awards Comment
Who Do You Think You're Kidding, Mrs May?
- Officer accused of hoax 'kidnap plot' conspiracy denies charge - PC Amar Tasaddiq Hussain, from West Midlands Police, pleaded not guilty when he appeared in court. An alleged “kidnap hoax plot” police officer denied conspiring to pervert the course of justice when he appeared in court. PC Amar Tasaddiq Hussain, 29, pleaded not guilty to two
- Force told to improve custody practices after woman took tablets during arrest - Alleged shoplifter managed to take tablets three times while in custody and became ill. A force has been told it must improve its custody practices after a woman managed to take tablets three times while under arrest. The Independent Police Complaints Commission investigated an inciden
- Big redundancy payouts to PCC staff could be stopped under plan - Government wants reformed public sector rules that would cap the amount that can be paid at £95,000. The government wants reformed public sector rules that could stop police and crime commissioners’ top staff from walking away with incredibly generous
- Legislation will help police speed up deportation of criminals - Prime Minister outlined his plans for prison reform. Police will be given new powers to speed up the deportation of foreign offenders. Setting out his plans for prison reform, Prime Minister David Cameron said ministers would legislate to require foreign criminals to declare their nat
- MoD Police personnel working excessive overtime, report warned - Officers protecting sites including Trident nuclear missile sub base did 'huge amounts of overtime working' to ensure security. Armed police protecting sites including the Trident nuclear missile submarine base are so overstretched that security could be imperilled if personnel numbers are
- Read more news »
Truncheon JudyHonours, extravagant language and crossed wires Read more ...
- Chief inspector promotion process
- Police Officer Transferees – Police Constables & Detective Constables
- Disclosure Officer - Archive Team
- Fraud Operations Analyst