• You cannot reply to this topic
232 replies to this topic

#221 evilhomer1942

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

They said theyd had 60, and were prepared to take all of us if we got through the interviews and checks.  Natural wastage will probably see that number drop by at least 20%...

#222 IrishAbroad

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

There's of few of us going strong on here still ... Although its a bit quiet as I guess as the main questions got answered

#223 VirulentUncle

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

Still here - but nothing really to add until after the interviews!

#224 twohopes2012

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

Yea it has gone quiet!! At the moment everyone's just practising saying the word "community" over and over again!!

Not sure what we can do now!! I've got the hump that they made us choose our areas already - end of training would have done it!! That could have been weeks of discussion!!

The only other element is getting the old BMI down for the end of May! I'm not looking forward to it!!

#225 IrishAbroad

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

twohopes2012, on 14 April 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

Yea it has gone quiet!! At the moment everyone's just practising saying the word "community" over and over again!!

Not sure what we can do now!! I've got the hump that they made us choose our areas already - end of training would have done it!! That could have been weeks of discussion!!

The only other element is getting the old BMI down for the end of May! I'm not looking forward to it!!

Yeah I'm worried about the 'Pinch fat thingy ! ' But the one month will help lose a bit.

Having to choose areas so early did strike me a bit odd all right keeping in mind we have Interviews Medicals Vetting PSD checks to go .. And actually accept if we get an offer !
I went B C E as it goes said I was flexiable

#226 evilhomer1942

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

E B D for me.. having met at least two of you on the facilitation day, I dont think the medical will be an issue for u. Bmi is such a poor representation of health that its never looked at in isolation. Vetting is obviously already underway, and psd checks are complete from what I gather. . My psd let me know that a psd request had been requested and completed weeks ago for me. Would make sense for them to bottom some things with them paying for interviews etc.

#227 Gore999

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

Must you submit to a BMI test? Is this pass or fail?? They have been letting obese people in to the PSNI for years. They had no fitness test to even get in to the PSNI. Rather one to get out of the Police College. I wonder why they are bringing standards like this in for transferees???????

#228 VirulentUncle

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

I posed this question when in the Police College and was told that too many people were failing it prior to joining!

I can bang out a 6.5mile/10k at sub-8 minutes per mile, but according to the BMI I am obese. Technically the majority of the players in the 6 Nations are overweight according to their BMI levels, but you try telling them that!

#229 evilhomer1942

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

Guys don't get hung up on bmi, honestly. In addition to the main job, im also a qualified gym instructor. No decision could EVER be based solely on bmi... definite grounds for appeal if it was!!!

Good luck to everyone for you're interviews btw!!! :-)

#230 IrishAbroad

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:56 PM

Yep not long now .. Got a smack in the face in custody so ill be smiling at them with a heck of bruise ...

#231 twohopes2012

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

Cheers evil!! Don't worry Irish it will make you look committed!! It's a great ice breaker too!! "I apologise for my appearance but......"

#232 VirulentUncle

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

twohopes2012, on 19 April 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

"I apologise for my appearance but......"

'...you should see the other guy. Head like a rubber ball sir...'

#233 Bringitallback

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

C

Edited by Bringitallback, 26 April 2014 - 05:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users