• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

#1 Maverick22

Maverick22

• Moderators
  • 35725 posts
  • LocationNear 51.20N 2.56W

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

http://www.telegraph...im-darling.html  can anyone recomend a good surgeon who could give this man a humour transplant.   What a comp[lete waster, I hope he has to pay the costs.
There are certain people in the world who you know will only ever have two certificates in their lives, a Birth and Death Certificate.

#2 Westie

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

View PostMaverick22, on 25 April 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

http://www.telegraph...im-darling.html  can anyone recomend a good surgeon who could give this man a humour transplant.   What a comp[lete waster, I hope he has to pay the costs.
:clap: :clap:

#3 Whisper

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2405 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

Awwwwww the poor dar...............man...........
I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent

Posted Image

#4 OldAfricaHand

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts
  • LocationSouthern Africa

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

This guy doesn't need a humour transplant, he needs a good swift boot that will exit him from BA. I would seriously worry that such a person could not effectively carry out their duties in an emergency if they have such a weak emotional state ...........

The above was me trying to be balanced & reasonable; what I really want to say is "Jesus, Mary & Joseph, this fella needs a kick in the crutch" but that's probably discriminatory on grounds of religion and a criminal offence in terms of my assaulting him (although I'm not sure that i have the present ability to effect my purpose!) ............ I guess it means i can never fly on BA again just in case ;)
Brian - I used to be indecisive, now I'm just not sure!

#5 IveToldYouOnce

Forum Member

• Moderators
  • 8154 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

Interesting.

I meet coppers all the time at jobs where I've no idea of their first name.

I don't call them 'darling', whatever their sex.  Perhaps I should.
"It's going to be a two banana kind of day....."

#6 Old 'n' Sweaty

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

I spend most of my waking days hoping for a female cabin attendant to call me darling.  Ideally just after the words 'that was wonderful, can you manage it again.........?'
A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer.

#7 Scoop

Resident Lilliputian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2531 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

I made a note one day of all the different names I am called on an almost daily basis at work.
I get called darling, babes, babe, doll, sweet stuff, shortie, sweetheart, sexy (:blush:), love, hon, honey, sugar, ma'am (that's a particular favourite of mine)and twinkle toes (:confused:).

There are then variations of my first name with my overall boss using the shortened version that is normally only reserved for family and my closest friends. It's a good job I like him.

Honestly if I was to get upset about such things I would never get any work done!

#8 999tommo

Forum Member

• Moderators
  • 5556 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

View PostOldAfricaHand, on 25 April 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:

This guy doesn't need a humour transplant, he needs a good swift boot that will exit him from BA. I would seriously worry that such a person could not effectively carry out their duties in an emergency if they have such a weak emotional state ...........

The above was me trying to be balanced & reasonable; what I really want to say is "Jesus, Mary & Joseph, this fella needs a kick in the crutch" but that's probably discriminatory on grounds of religion and a criminal offence in terms of my assaulting him (although I'm not sure that i have the present ability to effect my purpose!) ............ I guess it means i can never fly on BA again just in case ;)

Now that's probably against the Disability Discrimination Act. :D

#9 OldAfricaHand

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts
  • LocationSouthern Africa

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:51 AM

View Post999tommo, on 25 April 2012 - 11:08 PM, said:

Now that's probably against the Disability Discrimination Act. :D

:D :D :D :clap:
Brian - I used to be indecisive, now I'm just not sure!

#10 Bouncer

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2313 posts
  • LocationEast Midlands

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

Do 7th. day adventists only open the windows of their advent calendar once a week, instead of daily. No good for us chocoholics.
Retired and loving almost every minute of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users