• You cannot reply to this topic
1519 replies to this topic

#1 M&MBM

Author of Death in Spigg's Wood

• Moderators
  • 67514 posts
  • LocationEssex

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:11 PM

After seeing a few posts in various threads about people having annoying things happen, i thought I'd start a gripe thread.

Today i stood in the post office for 1/2 an hour this morning, and 3/4 hour this afternoon posting mr M's parcels. Why twice? Because there were sop many of them I didn't like to hog the post office counter for too long. Wish I had now..

Our heating's not working so were freezing, and to wash up I boil the water in the kettle. Luckily the shower's electric (but it uses the immersion heater circuit, so the immersion heater is disconnected.)

Kindle moans are still current.

I don't mind round robin Xmas letters becausethe ones I get are just a quick summary of the year past. I send one. I hope it's not too bragging. Probably isn't as I haven't much to brag about.

I want to eat some chocolate but I'm supposed to be trying to lose weight. I WANT SOME CHOCOLATE.
MOP, Joker & reformed character. Honest. Posted ImageI moderate with purple prose

#2 croberon

Resident Spider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16262 posts
  • LocationThe Web at the Sanctuary Monastery w/ the lings

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:41 PM

My moan of the day is I've been really good lately at eating one uncooked meal a day.
Friendly forum spidey
Wealth and fame
She's ignored
Action is her reward

cosmophasis umbratica fluoresce

#3 Scoop

Resident Lilliputian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2531 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:50 AM

It's bloody cold in my house!
Seriously bloody cold.

Unlike you though M the heating is working.
And if I get told one more time to put on another jumper I'm going to flippin' well scream!

:cry:

#4 Penbwlch

King of Penbwlch

• Moderators
  • 67615 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:54 AM

I'm starting to feel guilty because I don't have any moans and my house is warm and comfortable. :(
I used to be conceited. Now I'm Perfect   Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 BIkerider

Forum Member

• Moderators
  • 7713 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:25 AM

View Postcroberon, on 05 December 2011 - 11:41 PM, said:

My moan of the day is I've been really good lately at eating one uncooked meal a day.

I don't care too much for uncooked beef! :tongue_cheek:
Kingy from Tyneside

Sometimes I sits and thinks. Other times I just sits!

#6 Penbwlch

King of Penbwlch

• Moderators
  • 67615 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:36 AM

View PostBIkerider, on 06 December 2011 - 08:25 AM, said:

I don't care too much for uncooked beef! :tongue_cheek:

I think I may have found a moan at last. This is a moans and gripes thread, not a beef thread. ;)

Posted Image

#7 croberon

Resident Spider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16262 posts
  • LocationThe Web at the Sanctuary Monastery w/ the lings

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:50 AM

I guess my moan and beef is my uncooked meals are only fruit and veg.
Friendly forum spidey
Wealth and fame
She's ignored
Action is her reward

cosmophasis umbratica fluoresce

#8 Penbwlch

King of Penbwlch

• Moderators
  • 67615 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:56 AM

Croby, are you saying that you would like to have your uncooked meals contain meat (as in Germany and, I believe, some Scandinavian countries) or that you would like your fruit to be cooked (as in apple pie)?

Posted Image

#9 Guest_baby elephant_*

• Guests

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:15 AM

View PostScoop, on 06 December 2011 - 07:50 AM, said:

It's bloody cold in my house!
Seriously bloody cold.

Unlike you though M the heating is working.
And if I get told one more time to put on another jumper I'm going to flippin' well scream!

:cry:
Scoop, you sound just like my wife.She sits here of an evening dressed as though it's 90 degrees in the shade but has the heating up really high, and yes, I too tell her to put a jumper on. So Scoop, you know what to do, put on another jumper ( ducks so as to avoid a left hook) :fear:  Oh, and don't scream, I'm not sure if there's a scream emoticon  :wink:

#10 M&MBM

• Moderators
  • 67514 posts
  • LocationEssex

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:49 AM

View PostPenbwlch, on 06 December 2011 - 09:56 AM, said:

Croby, are you saying that you would like to have your uncooked meals contain meat (as in Germany and, I believe, some Scandinavian countries) or that you would like your fruit to be cooked (as in apple pie)?
I thinkt Croby is a vegetarian.
MOP, Joker & reformed character. Honest. Posted ImageI moderate with purple prose

#11 Penbwlch

King of Penbwlch

• Moderators
  • 67615 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:56 AM

Here's one for Scoop. :D

Posted Image

You know, those women must get really confused. They spend years of their partner trying to undress them, only to find that he now wants them to put on more clothes. :wacko:

Posted Image

#12 intheblitz

Barrack Room Lawyer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2238 posts
  • LocationEssex and proud!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:50 PM

If I have to deal with one more inefficient a'hole at work today, who thinks that making cock ups is part of their day to day duties; I will kill somebody. :wOOt3:

I am past the point of chocolate.................................. i am moving onto alcohol. :drink_beer:

This thread may come in very useful.
Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer.

#13 Penbwlch

King of Penbwlch

• Moderators
  • 67615 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:00 PM

ITB, are you their manager? If so, you should welcome such people. If the work force were all perfect, there would not be the same need for management. ;)

Posted Image

#14 IveToldYouOnce

Forum Member

• Moderators
  • 8154 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:21 PM

The term "Support Staff" should not be an oxymoron.

FFS.

I swear that some of the civilians in my force honestly believe that I work for them and am there to make their job easier - so we're told to do more admin work on ground, rather than having the 'support staff' actually supporting the work we do.

Honestly - it's like the organisation forgets the reason that we're out there......
"It's going to be a two banana kind of day....."

#15 intheblitz

Barrack Room Lawyer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2238 posts
  • LocationEssex and proud!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:28 PM

View PostPenbwlch, on 06 December 2011 - 02:00 PM, said:

ITB, are you their manager? If so, you should welcome such people. If the work force were all perfect, there would not be the same need for management. ;)

No Pen, I'm not their Manager. I look after the sales office, but these "waste of spaces" are warehouse staff.

Is it legal to put a dumb animal out of it's misery?
Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer.

#16 Penbwlch

King of Penbwlch

• Moderators
  • 67615 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:13 PM

I'm afraid not, unless you are a qualified vet.

Posted Image

#17 Scoop

Resident Lilliputian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2531 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:55 PM

View Postbaby elephant, on 06 December 2011 - 10:15 AM, said:

Scoop, you sound just like my wife.She sits here of an evening dressed as though it's 90 degrees in the shade but has the heating up really high, and yes, I too tell her to put a jumper on. So Scoop, you know what to do, put on another jumper ( ducks so as to avoid a left hook) :fear:  Oh, and don't scream, I'm not sure if there's a scream emoticon  :wink:

Believe me I do not sit around dressed as if it's 90 degrees in the shade and the heating is never on really high.
Unfortunately the thermostat is located in a room where an open fire is so as soon as that room hits the temperature, the heating goes off and the rest of the house turns into an ice box.
It was 13 degrees in my bedroom last night.
I sleep in pyjamas, bed socks, sometimes a dressing gown with a hot water bottle and a double thick duvet.
I feel the cold something terrible. :(

#18 M&MBM

• Moderators
  • 67514 posts
  • LocationEssex

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:13 PM

Scoop, have you tried individual thermostats on the radiators?

We are still in the cold. Boiler rebuilt. Chimney not drawing. Sweep needed. Not happpy. Am smelly.

#19 Scoop

Resident Lilliputian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2531 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:25 PM

View PostM&MBM, on 06 December 2011 - 06:13 PM, said:

Scoop, have you tried individual thermostats on the radiators?

We are still in the cold. Boiler rebuilt. Chimney not drawing. Sweep needed. Not happpy. Am smelly.

It's a very old property. Central heating was most definitely an afterthought.
You can turn the radiators up and down individually but the best solution would be to move the thermostat to the coldest room in the house. Unfortunately that in itself would be a total nightmare!!!! (Plus I dread to think what else would be discovered that needs doing).

#20 Penbwlch

King of Penbwlch

• Moderators
  • 67615 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:59 PM

View PostScoop, on 06 December 2011 - 06:25 PM, said:

It's a very old property. Central heating was most definitely an afterthought.
You can turn the radiators up and down individually but the best solution would be to move the thermostat to the coldest room in the house. Unfortunately that in itself would be a total nightmare!!!! (Plus I dread to think what else would be discovered that needs doing).

What M suggests are TRVs. They are simple to fit to existing radiators and would be an ideal solution for you. Read more about them here.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users