• You cannot reply to this topic
16 replies to this topic

#1 copperswag

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:33 AM

I have started a new blog about my time serving in 3 police forces and dating police officers within them, funny stories and dangerous situations, make it a thrilling and naughty read, please visit it and let me know what you think www.thesecretdiaryofacopperswag.wordpress.com
Also follow me on Twitter @copperswag
Enjoy

Copperswag xx

#2 Whisper

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2405 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:13 PM

:huh:

Don't think M has a rival here.........................
Not enough of a story to keep my interest and i would wager not enough smut to get the boys interest! ;)
I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent

Posted Image

#3 M&MBM

Author of Death in Spigg's Wood

• Moderators
  • 67514 posts
  • LocationEssex

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:38 PM

I didn't bother looking but now I did I wish I hadn't. What a load of tripe. You can't write, your grammar is poor, and this is just puerile cobblers. It's not even funny.

Do these people know you're smearing bedroom secrets and fantasies over the internet? If you're still working for Essex Police I suggest you start looking elsewhere for employment because you have no idea about confidentiality - that's if any of this was in the least bit believable. That worries me.

I should start considering the meaning of, "bringing the service into disrepute."
MOP, Joker & reformed character. Honest. Posted ImageI moderate with purple prose

#4 Penbwlch

King of Penbwlch

• Moderators
  • 67615 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:45 PM

Yet another poor blog by someone who thinks they can write. My only advice is to check the stats relating to how many hits the blog gets. I don't think you will get many.
I used to be conceited. Now I'm Perfect   Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Scoop

Resident Lilliputian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2531 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:07 PM

Oh dear...

#6 M&MBM

• Moderators
  • 67514 posts
  • LocationEssex

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

It's not the frightful writing which really hacks me off... I've seen plenty of that in my time. It's the bringing of Essex Police into disrepute which is annoying me. It's indiscreet.
MOP, Joker & reformed character. Honest. Posted ImageI moderate with purple prose

#7 Scoop

Resident Lilliputian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2531 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

M&MBM, on 13 November 2011 - 04:42 PM, said:

It's not the frightful writing which really hacks me off... I've seen plenty of that in my time. It's the bringing of Essex Police into disrepute which is annoying me. It's indiscreet.

I agree.

You would have thought that the case involving the Met Chief Insp recently might have highlighted how careful you have to be about what you post on the net, anonymously or otherwise.

#8 M&MBM

• Moderators
  • 67514 posts
  • LocationEssex

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:25 PM

If she thinks she's anonymous, she's an idiot. It would take PSD about 10 minutes to find out who she is, i expect. Well, a couple of hours to struggle through that tripe then 10 mins to figure out who she is.

#9 Penbwlch

King of Penbwlch

• Moderators
  • 67615 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:59 PM

I doubt they will have to bother, M. If someone recognises themself, a call will quickly go in to PSD.
I used to be conceited. Now I'm Perfect   Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 M&MBM

• Moderators
  • 67514 posts
  • LocationEssex

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

It's a puzzle why people do this sort of thing. Do they think some editor is going to discover their blog, offer to publish it for loadsamoney? If so, they are deluded. Even if it were to be published, book advances are often well below £1000 nowadays. Not much for a few months' work. Hardly worth putting your job at risk for.

I know David Copperfield did, and Inspector Gadget, but they can both write very well. And, of course, they were first.

#11 Scoop

Resident Lilliputian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2531 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:26 PM

I think it's interesting that it's been called Secret Diary of... Etc.

One can't help but think that someone is hoping for a similar success to Secret Diary of a Call Girl...

#12 M&MBM

• Moderators
  • 67514 posts
  • LocationEssex

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:47 PM

I thought it might be like Adrian Mole.  And if the two letters in question were not at different ends of the keyboard, I'd suspect a typo.

#13 Old 'n' Sweaty

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:22 PM

A quick skim gave me this classic;

Next “If I’m Homes then where is my Watson?” (sic)

I feel a Barrett Homes reference coming on, dear old Russ Abbott ;)
A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer.

#14 999tommo

Forum Member

• Moderators
  • 5556 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:13 PM

Having now got round to reading the blog.  What a load of tripe right enough.  Anyone who knows this girl, with  the slightest bit of intelligence, could work out exactly who she is.  I think PSD may well be all over the nick again, I'm afraid.

#15 crazy horse

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:41 PM

Thanks folks. i was a little bit bored and about to have a read. Sounds like a plan not to.
may the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be always at your back.

#16 copperswag

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:54 PM

I'm sorry you all hated it so much well I tried.... I no longer work for any police force, so no PSD worries there,
I guess you can't win em all, sorry I offended anyone that was not my intention.
Oh and just one last thing so far I have received 1595 hits and 111 today so someone likes it ! :P
Thanks

F

#17 M&MBM

• Moderators
  • 67514 posts
  • LocationEssex

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:47 AM

If it was a work of fiction I wouldn't have minded it, though I would not bother reading it. But what makes me angry is that you are putting your love life online for all to see, without caring about the effects that might have on those around you, and not caring that it's putting the police in a bad light. To my mind that's shabby.

Inspector S is a case in point. You said you felt sorry for his little wife coming into the nick to check up on him... but not so sorry that you don't mind publishing that online and making her a figure of fun. Suppose she comes across your blog? How will she feel? That poor woman felt so insecure (with good reason). Her family life was at risk and her sexual health was at risk because her husband is a philanderer. How sad is that? To my mind that sort of unfaithful pr*ck should be spurned by all decent women and left with only his right hand for company. But it's morally wrong to divulge your sordid little bedroom secrets online.

How will others feel about what you have written? When you have sex with someone it's a private act, not something to be recounted online for the world to laugh at. Unless you have the express permission of those involved.

Those photographs on your blog... where are they from and have you permission to use them?  You can't just pinch photographs and use them, even if you found them online. Photographs are copyright.

I'm glad you're not working for any police force because you seem to lack discretion. God knows what else you'd put online for your own gratification without a thought as to whether it's confidential or not.

I just feel so sorry for all your ex-colleagues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users